The Tiverton Hotel welcomes people with disabilities and has developed the Access Statement to address some of the more common issues that disabled people face. Recognition has been given to include guests with an impairment, which could include:
Mobility, Sight, Hearing, Learning Disabilities or any hidden impairment. The Tiverton Hotel aims to ensure that all employees, guests and others who use the hotel are treated equally and according to their needs.
- For assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team on 01884 256120 or by email: email@example.com
- The hotel is located on Blundells Road, Tiverton, close to the town centre
- Buses stop on Blundells Road close to the entrance of the hotel
- The nearest mainline railway station is Tiverton Parkway, approximately 7 miles from the hotel and taxis are available at the station
- Guide dogs are always allowed in the public areas and dogs allowed in rooms and some areas of the lounge but need to be attended
- The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport and transport can be arranged to and from the airport.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
Please note car parking is available and free. We also have electric charging stations on site and fee information is available in Reception.
Please note, all vehicles must be registered at Reception, failure to do so may result in the owner receiving a parking charge notice. Reception staff are available to assist if required. Drivers of adapted vehicles or with a blue badge can park their vehicles in designated bays opposite the entrance of the hotel. Coach parking is at the rear of the hotel.
Main Entrance and Reception
- The main entrance is located at the front of the car park and the hotel can be accessed by way of a ramp.
- The reception desk is 107cm high. Registration can be completed whilst sitting if required. Newspapers can be ordered at reception.
- The registration card can be enlarged if required.
- The main restaurant and lounge are located on the ground floor
- The flooring throughout the reception area is carpeted.
- There are several sofas and comfortable chairs available in the lounge.
- Please ask reception for assistance if required
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
We have a lift serving the ground floor and first floor to the Crystal Suite. Specially adapted rooms are located on the ground floor. Baby Changing is located on the ground floor opposite reception within the accessible toilet. The accessible toilet is fitted with grab rails and an alarm. The flooring within the toilet is non-slip and ceramic tiles.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
- The Gallery Restaurant is located on the ground floor.
- The restaurant floor surface is short pile carpet
- Restaurant tables and chairs can be moved
- Restaurant tables have a central support
- Lighting levels in the restaurant are generally lower in the evenings
- Menus can be enlarged upon request
- Restaurant meals can be served in the lounge upon request
- The bar is located on the ground floor next to the restaurant.
- The bar has moveable chairs and tables
- Full table service is available in the bar
- The bar floor surface is short pile carpet
- The bar is 107 cm high
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements on booking
Laundry service and dry cleaning is offered, and bags are available in the bedrooms.
A “Recognised Assistance Dog” is one which has been specifically trained to assist a disabled person and which has been qualified by one of the charitable organisations registered as members of Assistance Dogs UK. (Canine Partners, Dog A.I.D, Dogs for the Disabled, Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, Support Dogs, Guide Dogs, and Medical Detection Dogs).
Are allowed in the hotel and public areas:
- Assistance dogs used for fetching and carrying people with manipulative and
- ambulatory impairments
- Support dogs for stress and anxiety
- Guide dogs for visually impaired and blind people
- Hearing dogs used by low hearing and deaf people.
- Bowls can be provided for assistance dogs for food and water
- No surcharge of maintenance or cleaning fee for customers with an assistance
- If you require any assistance during you stay, please contact reception or concierge. The Duty Manager can also be contacted by dialling 0.
- We have a set evacuation procedure. The alarm signal is a continuous siren. In the event of a fire alarm please make your way safely to the muster point in the garden opposite the entrance of the hotel and await further instruction. If you have requested assistance upon check-in a member of staff will come to your room.
- All staff have regular fire training
- There is a good level of mobile phone coverage throughout the hotel.
The Tiverton Hotel
Telephone: 020 7930 2111
Fax: 020 7839 2125
Hours of operation: 24 hours, 365 days
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone email firstname.lastname@example.org